Thursday, March 25, 2010

Your fantasy kit bag would be...?


I'm working with a British company to design the best kit bag possible for polo.So far we have a separate zippable section for boots, and the whole lining pops out for washing (with whites, team shirts and gloves). Space for hat and face guard if used, knee pads. What else would you demand from your ideal bag? Zip pocket for wallet, keys and goggles?Are Villamil and La Martina really the only big guys out there making these? (At the moment I just shove my stuff in a sports holdall and it festers in the boot of the car until I remember where it is ... and so end up with not so white, and slightly smelly whites- perhaps this is why they chose me to work with them?)As a bit of background- this company make there bags from tweed and leather ... not for posing values (certainly not as brash as La Martina) but because of the history of lasting lifelong and improving with age. I really like the aesthetics of it but the durable function with the history is really what gets me excited- because in my five years of playing here in Scotland I haven't come across anything that really works- and that you could be proud of.What do you think? Would really appreciate any input and thoughts.